demise of the Vehicle Systems Installation Board (VSIB) in 2009 Thatcham took
over the role of safeguarding and maintaining the standard of installation of
Thatcham listed aftermarket systems.
Unless installed correctly even the most sophisticated system could fail to
protect your vehicle and may cause electrical / electronic systems to
Look for the Thatcham Recognised Installer certificate or logo. Proof
that your system is properly installed by a competent installer working to high
To qualify for Thatcham Recognition, the following is required:-
• Registered company or Sole Trader
• Police National Computer security check (PNC) or Criminal Record Bureau check
is for Category 5 purposes only
• Provide proof of Public Liability Insurance
• Product supplier recommendation
• Provide proof of relevant product training
• Comply with the requirements of the Thatcham TRI criteria
The potential benefits to the motoring public are:
• Assurance of quality installation
• Reduced risk of vehicle theft.
• Potential Insurance premium discounts on production of Thatcham TRI
• Enhanced re-sale value
• Free advice on the most effective system for all vehicles
To view the Thatcham Listing for TSN Ltd (VehTech's parent company) please click here and
search for company name TSN.
Automotive Ltd is the parent company of VehTech